To have more money, friends, happiness, love, ect., you MUST first become the person who attracts more money; more friends, more happiness, more love—the more of whatever it is that you want, you MUST become the person who attracts what you want through daily personal development.
To paraphrase Jim Rohn: “To have more than you’ve got in any area of your life, you must become more than you are, for things to change, you have to change.
For things to get better, you have to get better; don’t wish for less problems, wish for more wisdom; don’t wish for fewer challenge, wish for more skills; don’t wish for less struggle, wish for more ideas.”
Don’t get confused when I say that there is absolutely nothing wrong with you. You do not have to change.
BUT IF you want to have more financial abundance, more emotional fitness, more mental clarity, more physical ability, more spiritual presence, then you MUST become more than you presently are.
IF you want more, which it is perfectly healthy to want more health, more love, more connection; you must develop yourself into the kind of person who is attracting more love, more connection, more health.
Because success is something you attract by the person you become.
Success is not something you pursue, it’s something you attract by the person you become. You attract more love by becoming more loving towards others.
You attract more money by providing more VALUE to others.
You attract more health by eating nutritious meals, exercising and changing your overall lifestyle to BECOME healthier.
An important distinction, one I’ve learned the hard way, is that you must become more of what you are.
I would try to become more of what other people are to attract success, and let me warn you, that will just run you into the ground.
Allow me to be the model of becoming more of who you truly are.
What I mean by this is that you’ll want to take the strategies that other people use to become more and apply the ultimate success formula to it:
- Decide exactly what it is that you want∗—Clarity is POWER!Reticular Activating System is a part of the brain that decides what is important and what is not. It is where our natural ability to focus comes from. When you are clear about exactly what you want your brain begins to focus on anything that has to do with that object, feeling, or result.
- Notice what’s working for you and what’s not—you must have an acute sensitivity to what actions you are taking and the results you are getting from those actions. Do you continuously find yourself stopping at a fast food restaurant? Here’s a tip, decide that you do not want to eat processed foods any more and notice when you start thinking about eating fast foods. Is it when you’re hungry? When you’re watching tv? When you drive past a Mcdonalds or Burger King? Be acutely sensitive to your thoughts and emotion—the body sensations resulting from our thoughts—to see what is producing the desired or undesirable results.
- Commit to staying flexible in your approach UNTIL you succeed∗—Question, how long do you give the average baby to learn how to walk? How long until you say “that’s it, this baby keeps on falling, he/she is never going to learn to walk?” I would hallucinate that you see what my point is here, the vast majority of humans have learned to walk because they tried UNTIL they succeed. Magic formula, huh?
Is this going to guarantee you success? Is becoming more than you are really going to guarantee that you become loved, wealthy, and healthy?
I’m not delusional, it will not guarantee a thing…
Anyone who tries to tell you anything different should make you put your wallet away and get the heck out of there.
But let me ask you a few questions…
- If you develop yourself into a person with healthy habits do you think you’ll become healthier?
- If you give more love, do you think you’ll receive love in return? Will you feel more loving and loved?
- If you take daily action to make more money, do you think you’ll earn more money?
- If you decide exactly what it is that you want, then notice what’s working for you and what’s not.
Commit to staying flexible in your approach UNTIL you succeed. What do you think your chances are of succeeding?
Find a friend, find a good book, find a personal development coach who can help you create and attract the life you desire!
Please, comment below your story of where you are in your life, where you want to be, and how you’d like to get there.
Also if you got something from this post, please like and share it so your friends and family can gain something from it too!
With Sincere Gratitude,
Personal Development Coach
∗Robbins, Anthony. Awaken the Giant Within: How to Take Immediate Control of Your Mental, Emotional, Physical & Financial Destiny!Awaken the Giant Within: How to Take Immediate Control of Your Mental, Emotional, Physical & Financial Destiny! New York: Simon & Schuster Paperbacks, 2013. Print